I created the VUCA² – deck of cards based on my coaching and consulting work with a broad range of people from all walks of life. We all must pass through a chrysalis phase before we burst into a beautiful butterfly. May your experience with this deck help you to live your life to the fullest, celebrate the wins––both big and small––and maintain your focus on what you want! The cards are designed for 1 to 5 players and a session typically last for between 50 to 75 minutes, or longer accommodating the group’s needs. Here are some creative ways you can play with the cards and enjoy great insight:
You and You: One Player
1. Shuffle the cards and place the deck face down in front of you.
2. Draw as many cards as you like, one at a time
3. Allow time to write down, contemplate and potentially set an action to your answers.
2 – 5 Players
1. Shuffle the cards and deal them to the players, face down.
2. The starting first player picks a card and reads the question on it to the player on their left. The card in play is then placed face up.
3. The second person answers the question. When the second person is done answering the question, the same question is asked of the next person on their left.
4. Each person answers the original question until all players have had the opportunity to answer the question, including the one who picked the original card.
5. The next round begins with the second player picking a card from their stack and the process repeats.
In Your Coaching Sessions
VUCA² Cards help support an authentic and meaningful coaching connection. It is about introspection, sharing, listening, discovery and even laughter. Experiment and play––the above instructions can be followed as written or creatively tailored to the different situations you will find yourself in and to different types of groups. At the end of each session set aside a few minutes to share and review the learnings and emotions surfaced. Write down any key actions, commitments or insights you wish to carry forward.
Thank you for playing with the VUCA² deck. Let me know what you enjoyed most about the deck and any insights or suggestions you may have at: email@example.com